We are a member driven organization and are committed to success of the industry. Our team members have a passion for helping small business owners thrive and become great business owners.
Our core values are:
Passion to Serve
We have a passion to serve the hospitality industry and our communities.
Attention to Results
We understand our goals and work diligently towards achieving them, with honesty and integrity.
Accountability to Each Other and to our Members
We take responsibility for our successes, challenges and reputation and honor our commitments to each other and to our members.
Commitment to Excellence
We commit to constant and never-ending improvement and strive for excellence in all areas of our association.
Healthy and Constructive Conflict
We believe in healthy and constructive conflict as a tool for strengthening our shared vision of greatness.
Trust in our Team
We trust and are open with our team members, honoring each other as individuals working towards a greater good, every day, both professionally and personally.
Desire for Greatness
We desire to be part of something great, and continually work toward making greatness a reality. We value and embrace diversity in thoughts, opinions, cultures and backgrounds
POSITION TITLE: Data Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Internal Tech Senior Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt / Hourly – 30 hours per week
The Data Coordinator is an entry level, 30 hours per week position that includes benefits. This position requires a highly organized candidate, with great attention to detail, to support the Association and Internal Operations Department with maintaining our CRM, and function as back up for some duties of the Internal Tech Senior Manager.
The Data Coordinator is a hybrid position with the opportunity to work one–two days a week remotely.
Essential duties and responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
- Enter and maintain data within our CRM system
- Perform data requests in a timely manner
- Perform regular audits and data clean up
- Create and maintain SOP’s related to the CRM
- Assist with data lists
- Maintain data integrity and security
- Adhere to company data guidelines
- Back up for some Internal Tech Senior Manager’s duties
- Back up for CRM system processes
- Perform other projects as needed
Department and Other Support
- May assist the Internal Operations and Membership Departments, and Leadership with other data projects as needed.
Skills and Requirements
- Outstanding data entry skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Process and detail oriented
- Provide positive customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrate strong people skills that foster a positive environment
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Flexible with the ability to multi-task effectively
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate strong judgment and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Demonstrated database knowledge
- CRM experience preferred
- Crystal Reports experience preferred
- High School Diploma
- Coursework or Experience with data entry, databases
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree (or working towards) preferred
- This position is based in Olympia’s Association offices with the opportunity to work one–two days a week remotely.
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed to meet job requirements.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions safely and successfully consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to handle objects and feel controls; reach; climb stairs; stoop; crouch; talk; listen; and vision capabilities that enable reading and viewing a computer screen. Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards.
$16.00 to $23.13 an hour
This is a summary of the essential job functions and level of work performance for this position. This is not a complete list of all job duties and management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as business needs require and shall not be construed as a promise or contract of employment or of any specific duties.
Local Government Affairs Assistant Coordinator, Seattle
Washington Hospitality Association is the leading hospitality trade group in the state, representing more than 6,000 members of the hotel, restaurant, and hospitality industry. Collectively, these businesses are the largest private sector employer in Washington. The Association is committed to our core values which include a passion to serve, attention to results, accountability to each other and our members, commitment to excellence, healthy and constructive conflict, and trust.
The Association is seeking a Local Government Affairs Assistant Coordinator to join our Seattle Local Government Affairs team. This is an entry level position, where the successful candidate will be directly involved in some of the most interesting, unique, and challenging national issues being addressed at the municipal government level.
The Local Government Affairs (LGA) Assistant Coordinator provides support and assistance to the Seattle Restaurant Alliance (SRA) and Seattle Hotel Association (SHA). This position coordinates and facilitates member engagement activities in Seattle and King County; and supports the political engagement of the hospitality community in local elections.
Essential duties and responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for organizing meetings, events, and other activities of the SRA and SHA
- Organize meetings with elected officials, their representatives, and governmental agencies as needed
- Recruit members from SRA and SHA, coordinate testimony, and provide logistics for meetings with elected officials
- Compose and distribute regular communication to SRA and SHA membership
- Attend and monitor relevant meetings of the city council, county council, public health, and other pertinent agencies or groups; Provide comments as needed
- Provide administrative support for SRA and SHA engagement in local elections
- Provide administrative support to LGA activities outside of Seattle and King County as needed by the team
- Ensure member satisfaction by communicating, responding, and resolving questions in a thorough, timely, and appropriate manner
- Develop a positive relationship with all parties involved in the activities, meetings and events coordinated under this position
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to independently manage and complete tasks and work plans
- Able to work under pressure, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively with groups and individuals
- Ability to build positive relationships with the staff and teams
- Works well with a variety of management styles and individuals
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees
- Ability to analyze problems and provide resolution
- Is self-driven, detail oriented, organized, and efficient
- Has excellent follow-through and is results focused
- Displays a commitment to quality in all work
- Maintains confidentiality when required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Database experience preferred
- Ability to work with a variety of electronics including laptop, smart phone, and tablet
- 1 to 3 years of customer service experience
- High school diploma or GED
- A proven track record of professional excellence
- In-person office attendance required
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed to meet job requirements
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions, consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to handle objects and feel controls; reach; climb stairs; stoop; crouch; talk; listen; and vision capabilities that enable reading and viewing a computer screen
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
Salary (Depending on experience)
- $43,000 – $48,000 a year
- We offer attractive benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, Choice Time, EAP, and 401k.