ProStart is Coming – Support Students, Support Hospitality
The 2019 ProStart Invitationals will take place on March 2 in Spokane and on March 9 in Seattle. ProStart is a nationwide program that encourages students to explore careers in hospitality. For more information, contact Kelsi Mayther.
In Case You Missed It: What’s Hot Culinary Forecast
The National Restaurant Association released its annual What’s Hot Culinary Forecast, which details the top trends within the industry. As noted in USA Today, cannabis-infused drinks and food topped this year’s list.
[expander_maker id=”1″ more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
Spokane Hotel Motel Association Meets Feb. 19
The Spokane Hotel Motel Association will meet at 11:30 a.m. Feb. 19, at the Spokane Convention Center, Room 401 B/C, 334 W. Spokane Falls Blvd. The board meets at 11 a.m. Mayor David Condon will present an abbreviated State of the City address at this meeting, followed by our standing agenda and business meeting. For more information, contact Tobby Hatley.
Tacoma: Membership Meeting, Feb. 20
Join us at 9 a.m. on Feb. 20 at the Clover Leaf! The Tacoma Area Commission on Disabilities would like our support in getting a voluntary closed captioning promise on TVs in public spaces. Also, the health department will host a Q&A as requested by our members during the last meeting. Register here.
Seattle Restaurant Alliance Meeting, March 6
During March’s monthly membership meeting, we’ll have candidates who have announced they are running for city council in District 4. Come meet them and ask questions. The meeting will be from 10-11:30 a.m. March 6 at Ivar’s Salmon House, 401 NE Northlake Way, Seattle. Email Teddi McGuire if you would like to attend.
Spokane Chapter Quarterly Meeting, March 12
Save the date now for the Spokane Chapter’s quarterly membership meeting at 2 p.m., March 12 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Spokane City Center, 322 N. Spokane Falls Ct. Speakers include:
- Spokane Mayor David Condon
- Visit Spokane’s President and CEO Meg Winchester
- Labor attorney Kim Kamel
- Chef Alexa Wilson from FSA
Come and meet Washington Hospitality Association CEO Anthony Anton and Local Government Affairs Director John Lane. A no-host happy hour will follow the meeting. Reserve your seat now to Tobby Hatley.
Two Minute Video: What You Need to Know
Watch video here.
SERVSAFE MANAGER CALENDAR
- March 5, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Seattle (SODO). Registration Deadline: Feb. 19
- March 12, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Tacoma, Registration Deadline: Feb. 26
- March 13, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. – Fife. Registration Deadline: Feb. 27
- March 18, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.,Kent, Registration Deadline: March 4
- March 28, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Spokane (Post Falls), Registration Deadline: March 14
- What Consumers Want from Off-Premise (Restaurant Business)
- Road Map Needed When Going Green, Hotel Reps Say (Hotel Business)
- A Shortage of Labor is Squeezing Hotel Sector Profits (Nareit)
- First Date Trends Drive Quickserve, Fast-Casual Traffic (Restaurant Hospitality)
- Travel Megatrends 2019: Online Travel Agencies Scurry for Salvation Beyond Hotels (Skift)
- 5 Restaurant Campaigns that Won the Media (QSR)
- The Hospitality Sector Sees the Entrance of a New Competitor: Upscale Glamping Hotels (National Real Estate Investor)
- Restaurant Employees Learn to Better Serve Customers Who Have Dementia (The Virginian-Pilot)
- Papa John’s Get $200M Investment, New Chairman (Restaurant Business)