We Need You! Submit Your Comments About the Food Code
The Washington State Department of Health is now collecting public comments about the Food Code. The Food Code is updated about every seven years and will take around 18 months to complete. Click here to go over the proposed updates and changes to the food code. Also, you may submit a comment about the food code; public comments will be accepted until Aug. 17. Samantha Louderback, Government Affairs Manager, sits on the Food Safety Advisory Council as the hospitality representative and may help answer any questions you may have about the food code or the process.
Washington Hospitality Association Education Foundation Launches New Website
The Washington Hospitality Association Education Foundation’s mission is to bridge solutions for the growth of the hospitality industry through training and education. Check out its new website here and learn about the Education Foundation’s many services in workforce development and training.
[expander_maker id=”1″ more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
Aug. 7 Primary Election is Three Weeks Away!
With a little over three weeks until the Aug. 7 primary election, do you know who the Washington Hospitality Association endorsed candidates are in your area? Ballots will be mailed out on July 20 and for the first time the postage will be paid. Don’t forget to turn in your ballot! Washington state has a top-two primary, meaning the two candidates who earn the most votes will advance to the general election – even if they are in the same party. Click here to see the list of endorsed candidates!
Go Green Distribution and Q Technologies on DineNW – Listen Online!
Don’t miss this week’s DineNW radio show, now online. Andy Cook and Paul Schlienz kick off the show with an interview with Bruce Lewis of Go Green Distribution, whose signature product is RD Fresh. Andy and Paul then chat with Brian Johnson, CEO of Q Technologies.
- Hotel RL bought by company that owns Davenport hotels (KXLY)
- Hotels offer full taste of the menu via shareable F&B (Hotel News Now)
- Restaurants, food companies cater to the diets du jour (SmartBrief)
- IHOP launches national delivery program through partnership with DoorDash (USA Today)
- Loyalty focused on delivering value to ‘own’ guest (Hotel News Now)
- 4 Questions with Local-Food Visionary Dan Barber (FSR)
- The Last Straw: These Restaurants Are Joining Starbucks in Ending Plastic Straw Use (Parade)
- Angela Stowell to leave Ethan Stowell Restaurants for James Beard-award-winning nonprofit (Restaurant Hospitality)
- Hotels forsake room service to change with the times (Restaurant Hospitality)
- Chick-fil-A boosts sales, and hospitality, with electronic butler bell (CNBC)