You told us: “Fix the expensive costs of hiring employees.”
For past three years, the governor proclaimed May as Hospitality Month. The Washington Hospitality Association Education Foundation has built a fruitful relationship with the Employment Security Department (ESD) because ESD has job seekers and resources to save you time and money. Interested in accessing LinkedIn and Monster.com job seekers for FREE?
Last chance: Olympia Hospitality Summit to open with a crash
Washington Hospitality Association President and CEO Anthony Anton comes from a Greek restaurateur family. At the Olympia Hospitality Summit, Anton will share some advice to simplify your business and focus on your values in the most Greek way he knows how. Register today to learn from Anton and other speakers on how to boost your business.
Member Spotlight: Chelan Cafe, building community in West Seattle
In business since 1938, it’s hard to imagine West Seattle without the Chelan Cafe and all it’s done to make the community a better place. In addition to great food and a diverse clientele, a focus on fundraising to help Oso landslide victims, finding the cure for Alzheimer’s and breast cancer and giving back to many other charitable causes defines this West Seattle institution. Read more.
[expander_maker id=”1″ more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
Tune in to watch the National ProStart Invitational, May 8-10
The National ProStart Invitational, or NPSI, is the country’s premier secondary school competition focused on restaurant management and culinary arts. Bonney Lake and Mt. Spokane high schools will compete in Washington, D.C. Follow the National Restaurant Association ProStart Program on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn to catch live video and real-time updates – and find out who takes home the trophies! Questions? Contact Kelsi Mayther.
Spokane Chapter Golf: Space is limited!
Spots are quickly running out for the Spokane Chapter Golf Tournament. This year’s tournament will be at 1 p.m., June 11 at Downriver Golf Course, 3225 N. Columbia Circle, Spokane. Register here or become a sponsor for this event here. Proceeds benefit local ProStart programs, Feed Spokane and the Inland Northwest Culinary Academy.
8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., May 20, FSA, Kent
Registration Deadline: May 6
8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., May 23, FSA, Spokane (North Spokane)
Registration Deadline: May 9
8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., May 27, St. Peter Hospital, Olympia
Registration Deadline: May 13
8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., June 4, Bargreen Seattle (SODO)
Registration Deadline: May 21
8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., June 11, Bargreen Tacoma
Registration Deadline: May 28
8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., June 12, US Foods, Fife
Registration Deadline: May 29
8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., June 24, FSA, Everett
Registration Deadline: June 10
Mandatory Alcohol Server Training (MAST)
A MAST permit is required for team members who serve alcohol, conduct tastings or manage an establishment that serves alcohol. Get yours through the Education Foundation by clicking on the buttons below.
Additional Training Available
- Are you looking for a career? Tri-Cities restaurants and hotels are ready to hire (Tri-City Herald)
- Panera looks to doughnut chain for new CEO (St. Louis Business Journal)
- Marriott and Southwest Airlines top annual loyalty awards (Skift)
- Burger King plans to release plant-based Impossible Whopper nationwide by end of year (USA Today)
- How Wyndham is uniting all of its hotels under one brand (Chief Marketer)
- Starbucks heats up afternoon coffee wars (QSR)
- Revenue is rising, but collecting is more challenging (Hotel News Now)
- Organic produce plays a growing role in U.S. dining (The Packer)
- Restaurants would be wise to cater to millennial parents (QSR)
- Leaked documents show that McDonald’s is adding international hits to its American menu, including the Spanish GrandMcExtreme Bacon Burger and the Dutch Stroopwafel McFlurry (Business Insider)