Liquor Licensee Signs
Restaurants that are licensed to sell alcohol are required to post a number of signs in your business based on your license type. Washington State Liquor Control Board enforcement officers and local law enforcement will look for these signs to ensure you are complying with liquor and tobacco laws.
- Master Business License showing the liquor license classes approved, with expiration date.
- Master Business License showing the cigarette retailers license
- Vending Machine License on all cigarette vending machines
- Tobacco warning sign on all cigarette vending machines and at each location (check stand or cash register area) where tobacco products are sold WAC 314-10-020
- Minor posting signs at the entrance to each tavern and/or cocktail lounge WAC 314-16-025
- Firearms prohibited sign in each tavern and cocktail lounge. RCW 9.41.300
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) warning sign in women’s restroom and clearly visible at the entrance to stores, restaurants, taverns, and lounge/bar areas WAC 314-12-195
- Spirits, beer and wine restaurants – Spirits, beer and wine restaurant licensees must post their own sign, which states that food service is available whenever liquor is sold and what the hours of full food service are, in the lounge WAC 314-02-035(8)
These signs are available at no charge to licensees. To order, call the WSLCB Enforcement Customer Service Line at 360.664.9878, or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.